Replace

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Table Cloth Tree Skirt

Here at Greatstitch, we are all about saving money! I have scrimped and scraped my whole life, even when I didn't have to any more, it is just in my DNA to use every scrap and morsel. My mom was born in a dirt floor log cabin in SE Oklahoma, Indian Territory. So I come by it honestly. I am always looking for another way to do things, cheaper, faster, anything that will streamline the process.

My tree skirt was looking a little ratty, and I wanted to do this Christmas photo shoot. Honestly I hate hemming something round. So I was stressing about how to make it look nice. A table cloth popped in my head because they are already hemmed! Away I went to Walmart to find the cheapest $8 table cloth I could find. I opened it up and cut the middle out, then sliced down one side of it. Voila...a tree skirt! I hemmed the middle and down the cut side with hem tape (again my aversion for round hemming).  I added trim and bows, then did a little embroidery since that's what I do. You could applique...just go crazy with it! I even thought it would be fun to take heirloom or lace and use it. Patch over any stains with something fun.

Here are the pictures



Be sure and visit Andersruff.com for the Classic Christmas Collection that we used for these adorable tags on the packages! 
http://shop.andersruff.com/holiday/christmas-party-printables/classic-christmas-holiday-party-printables

No comments:

Post a Comment