Replace

Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Birthday To Us

 It's our 4th birthday in business.  I guess anniversary might be a more technically correct term, but we are all about birthdays here, so we call it our birthday! We have been so blessed and honored to be a part of the lives of more than 3,200 special people. 



Some of them have come back to us 2 or even 3 times in a row.  I regard it as a huge compliment when people come back and ask me to do another shirt for them.  I also love when they send me pictures! That means that we have made them happy on their special day.  That's what it's all about for me. 



Birthdays are special to us for another reason.  Five years ago my daughter was diagnosed with cancer.  She beat it!  This year she got the all clear, and we certainly celebrated.  Now she has two “birthdays” to celebrate every year.  With that perspective life is more precious than ever, and we want to help everyone who is celebrating have a special day and make the most of the time they have together. My kids are very precious to me and I am so happy I was a mom! My kids have now grown into amazing adults that are my best friends. I am so very proud of them! They are Bama fans...can you tell? That's their Dad's doing not mine. But they still let me sew for them too!  They were the original birthday shirt kids! 



Birthdays are such eventful days, particularly for the little ones.  It’s the one day when it is all about the birthday girl or boy.  For years we woke our kids up with birthday pancakes, complete with a candle!  All day long we did little things to remind them it was their birthday and that it was their special time! It’s about so much more than the presents and the cake—it’s about letting them know that they are loved, precious, wonderful treasures…truly gifts from God.





That’s why I am thrilled to hear back from moms about their kid’s reaction to the birthday shirt.  One little boy runs to the dryer so he can put his favorite shirt back on as soon as it’s ready.   


.
I believe it shapes a child’s life to know that he or she is loved that way—and we look forward to being part of even more special days before our next birthday



So thanks to all the moms and grandmas who care about birthdays! We have a business based on customers who have asked for thier child's interest. It is our privilege and pleasure to be a part of such special days. Thanks for making us who we are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment