Saturday, July 20, 2013

Strawberry Lemonade

It's hot here in Oklahoma. Nothing cools me off better than something with strawberries. We recently had a party in extreme heat. Here is the Woodland Fairytales Party. I was so grateful for the shade....and the lemonade! I adore lemonade at the fair, so I tried to create a version with some strawberries. Here's how we made it.

1 cup lemon juice
3/4 c sugar (or to taste)
1 pint of strawberries half sliced, half processed in another 1/4 c sugar.
Bag of ice

Melt the sugar and lemon juice in a pan until the sugar dissolves.  Let this cool before adding strawberries. You can add the ice now. Then put the strawberries in it. I slice some to make it pretty, and process some for flavor.  Serve with lots of ice and enjoy a cool drink!


No comments:

Post a Comment